1.18.2009

MR. PREZZ


"This inauguration feels like the first date with a really great guy after an eight-year long dysfunctional relationship with a loser who spent all my money." -Anonymous

As much as I bitch and complain about how sucky it is to be a teenager, I really have grown up in a truly amazing time period. I've been witness to the greatest technological achievements the world has ever seen, and been lucky enough to own some of them. I've seen our country unite after the horriffic events of 9-11-01, and now, I'm about to bear witness to the inauguration of our nation's first African-American leader.

I have to admit, as much as I think President Obama is an amazing man, I really didn't think he'd get the win, but I hoped with all I had, that he would. But I'll remember voting day for the rest of my life. Of course, being seventeen, I was too young to vote, but I was so excited all day, I could hardly control myself. I spent all afternoon/night watching the states turn blue, one after another. And then when I realized Barack Obama was going to be President of the United States, I felt a rush of happiness, and I cried. To see the underdog win for once was truly spectacular. Sure, he can't do EVERYTHING he wants to do, but he can put and end to some of the problems we're facing. Sometimes, the good guy really does come out first.

4 comments:

  1. I can't vote either as I am not a citizen but I too hoped with all my heart that all those States would go blue. What a great day that was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Heather, I can't vote because I'm not a citizen, but I had my fingers crossed that Obama would get in, and I wept when it happened. We really do live in exciting times! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He and the first lady looked so wonderful at the Inaugural Ball! They look so much like a REAL couple.. very in love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent comment by Anonymous, in your post that is...

    ReplyDelete

Write some stuff, yo.